How to Solve msvcp140.dll missing on Your Computer?
If you encounter an error message indicating that the program can’t start because msvcp140.dll was not found and prompts you to reinstall the program to fix the problem, you’ve read the right article. The msvcp140.dll error means that the computer system cannot run the currently opened program because it has lost a system file in the form of msvcp140.dll. Various programs that require this file include Gameloop, Nero, and the latest PC games. The cause of this problem is the msvcp140.dll file that was accidentally deleted from the computer drive.
So how to solve this annoying error? See the full method in the following review.
Download and Re-Save MSVCP140.dll File
The reason is that the file size is very small, which is only a few Kilobytes, here’s how to download and install the MSVCP140.dll file on Windows 7 and 10.
1. Download the MSVCP140.dll file on the many sites that are already available.
2. After the file is successfully downloaded, please copy and paste the file to the C:/Windows/System32 folder for 32-bit Windows and to C:/Windows/SysWOW64 for 64-bit Windows.
3. Restart your computer and then try to reinstall the software that was previously in error.
Installing Microsoft Visual C++ Software
This software is able to make improvements to various programs built using the C programming language.
Here’s how to install Microsoft Visual C++ to fix the MSVCP140.dll error.
1. Please visit the Microsoft web page and enter the search for Microsoft Visual C++ software.
2. Click the Download button located on the side of the application.
3. Make sure you download the software version that matches your computer’s OS bit.
4. After the file is downloaded, install the vc_redist file by right-clicking it 2 times.
5. Click Next until the software is successfully installed on the PC.
6. Finally, you can try to reinstall the software that was previously error in the same way.